24th June 2022:
New Role: Laser Cutting Machine Operator
We are looking for a creative, energetic individual to work in our busy laser cutting workshops. You will be part of a highly creative team that designs and manufactures specialist quality wooden gifts and decorations. As part of the team you will be creating exceptional quality products for some of the biggest retailers in the UK. Our family business prides itself on its service levels, design-led products and exceptional quality so we are very much looking for a team player that can actively support in delivering this.
- Responsible for creating decorations to required specification and will deliver a satisfactory product within our guidelines.
- Operating laser cutting machinery and CAD software to produce wooden decorations.
- Preparing wood sheets prior to cutting, to include: priming, painting and laminating.
- Postproduction inspection, light sanding where required using automated processes.
- Working in a workshop environment the job holder will occasionally be required to use hand tools and light lifting duties.
- Undertake other duties where required in the workshop such as general maintenance of machinery.
Qualifications and Skills
- We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is highly organised and can multi-task using their own initiative. This is a very active role that requires practical skills in a fast-paced, busy workshop environment.
- Ability to prioritise and coordinate with other teams delivering workloads to tight deadlines.
- Quality control and an exceptional eye for detail to our high specifications is imperative.
- A general understanding and the ability to use hand tools is desired.
- The job involves light-medium lifting duties and you will need to be fit and active to work across the entire workshop as there will be long periods on your feet.
- Must be computer literate. Experience in working on a CAD program and laser-cutting machinery is desired but not essential, as full training on all operating systems will be given.
- 5 GCSE’s at level C and above.
- 3 A Levels at C and above or equivalent qualification.
- Previous experience working with CAD machines would be beneficial.
- Previous experience in manufacturing / workshop environment would be beneficial.
- Be able to demonstrate working within a team environment.
- We are an established business with opportunities for the job holder to develop and grow with us.
- A full-time permanent position from Monday – Friday 9am -5pm with occasional flex on shift pattern and weekend work.
- Opportunity for extra hours during our seasonal peaks.
- Immediate start and a competitive salary is offered based on experience.
- We are based in South Godstone, Surrey in a semi-rural business park. Own transport is necessary. Postcode: RH98JW
Send your CV to Caroline via email: [email protected]
Closing date: 24th July 2022